Epson X Investment Corporation
EPSON X Investment Corporation (“EXI”, “we, “our” or “us”) believes that it is our important social responsibility to appropriately manage all information related to individual customers (hereinafter referred to as “customer information”). Based on the following policy (hereinafter referred to as our “Privacy Statement”), we are committed to the appropriate protection, management, application, and usage of all customer information.
However, when we collect personal information from you, any given provisions that differ from this Privacy Statement shall prevail.
Customer information may include the customer’s name, address, age, telephone number, e-mail address, occupation, affiliation or company name, details of inquiries, photographs, video footage, audio recordings, information related to services used, requested catalogs and materials, participation in exhibitions, seminars or events, as well as the contents of surveys or questionnaires. These items of information or their combinations may be used to identify individual customers.
1. Collected Customer Information and Methods of Acquisition
We may acquire customer information through the following methods.
1-1. Customer information acquisition method 1 (acquisition of customer information through e-mail, postal mail, written documentation, telephone calls, conversations, etc.)
• We may acquire customer information through means such as e-mails via our website (collectively, the “Sites”), postal mail, written documentation, telephone calls, or conversations.
1-2. Customer information acquisition method 2 (acquisition of customer information through publications, etc.)
•We may acquire customer information from commercially available information such as lists of companies, company annual reports, official gazettes, and telephone books.
1-3. Customer information acquisition method 3 (acquisition of customer information from inquiries regarding customer information)
• When a customer requests us to disclose, amend, stop usage, or delete any customer information, we may request the customer (or an authorized agent) to provide a copy of an official document such as a driver’s license in order to confirm the identity of the customer. In such a case, we may keep any submitted documents.
2. Appropriate Management of Customer Information (We will manage customer information in an appropriate manner)
2-1. Formulation of basic policy
• We have established rules and standards for managing methods, responsible persons, persons in charge, and their duties, etc. for each stage of acquisition, use, storage, provision, deletion, disposal, etc. of customer information.
2-2. Organizational Safety Management Measures
• We appoint a person responsible for the managing of customer information, and we will clarify the scope of customer information managed by employees who manage customer information and the extent of customer information managed by such employees, for the case of recognize the facts or signs of violations of laws and regulations regarding customer information. We have established a system for reporting and contacting the responsible person in the event of an incident.
• We conduct self-inspections regarding the managing of customer information on a regular basis.
2-3. Personnel Safety Management Measures
• We provide regular training to our employees regarding points to note related to the managing of customer information.
• We stipulate matters regarding the confidentiality of customer information in our employment regulations.
2-4. Physical Safety Management Measures
• In areas where customer information is managed, We implement measures to control entry and exit of employees and implement measures to prevent unauthorized persons from browse customer information.
• We have taken measures to prevent theft or loss of equipment, electronic media, documents, etc. that contains customer information, and take measures to prevent customer information from being easily identified when carrying such equipment, electronic media, etc..
2-5. Technical safety management measures
• We implement access control and limit the scope of the person in charge and the database, etc. that manages customer information.
• We have introduced a structure to protect the information system that manages customer information from unauthorized external access or unauthorized software.
3. Purposes for the Acquisition of Customer Information (in principle, we will not use customer information for any purposes other than those stated here)
We shall use customer information for the following purposes:
• To provide answers or contact customers after receiving inquiries.
• To notify customers in regard to product delivery, information on products, support, or services via e-mail, direct mail, or telephone, as well as information on events and campaigns such as seminars and exhibitions.
• To request customers to participate in surveys, product evaluations, product monitoring, etc. for the purpose of product development and service improvements.
• To help solve problems related to the operation of the Sites or to solve problems related to products and services.
• To process transactions such as billings and payments.
• For recruitment activities and contacting retired employees.
Customer information shall not be used for any purpose other than the above with the exclusion of matters stipulated in sections “4. Usage of Customer Information for Other Purposes” and “5. Provision of Customer Information to Third Parties”, and in cases when the customer has given their advance consent. We may change the way we use customer information to the extent that it is recognized to be reasonably relevant to the aforementioned purposes. In such a case, applicable customers shall be notified or we shall announce amendments to our Privacy Statement.
4. Usage of Customer Information for Other Purposes
We may use customer information for applications other than the aforementioned purposes in the following cases:
4-1. When it is required by law.
4-2. When it is absolutely necessary in order to protect human life, health, or property when it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual.
4-3. When it is absolutely necessary in order to improve public health or promote the sound development of children when it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual.
4-4. When it is required by law to cooperate with national institutions, local governments, or organizations acting on their behalf for duties specified by law, and obtaining the consent of the individual may interfere with the performance of the said duty.
5. Provision of Customer Information to Third Parties (in principle, customer information will not be provided to third parties)
We will not provide any customer information to third parties without the consent of the individual. However, customer information may be provided to third parties in the following purposes:
5-1. Sharing of customer information
• Customer information may be used in conjunction with Seiko Epson Corporation (we have become a wholly-owned subsidiary of Seiko Epson Corporation) on the condition that it is compliant with our Privacy Statement. The following person shall be responsible for the management and application of customer information that is to be used in conjunction with Seiko Epson Corporation.
EPSON X Investment Corporation The personal information protection manager
5-2. Provision to subcontractors
• The minimum necessary amount of customer information may be provided or entrusted to a subcontractor, under the strict control of us, for the purpose of information processing, providing products, services, documents, or information to customers, conducting surveys, or consigning auditing work to an external subcontractor.
5-3. Assignment of business
• Due to a reason such as a company merger or acquisition, we may transfer our business to another entity. In such a case, we may provide customer information to a third party affiliated with the business successor, on the condition that is it compliant with our Privacy Statement.
5-4. Usage of customer information based on laws and regulations
• We may provide customer information to a third party in the following cases:
5-4-1. When it is required by law.
5-4-2. When it is absolutely necessary in order to protect human life, health, or property when it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual.
5-4-3. When it is absolutely necessary in order to improve public health or promote the sound development of children when it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual.
5-4-4. When it is required by law to cooperate with national institutions, local governments, or organizations acting on their behalf for duties specified by law, and obtaining the consent of the individual may interfere with the performance of the said duty.
We use “cookies” on the Sites to improve your experience. They cannot be used to determine the identity of individual users. You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser.
7. The Collection and Usage of Access Logs
We use the collected information for the purpose of better understanding usage conditions, website analysis, and to improve the user experience. This information will not be used for any other purpose.
(Google Analytics™ is a registered trademark of Google LLC.)
8. Compliance with Laws and Regulations and Revisions to the Privacy Statement
We manage and use customer information in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations in Japan. We may revise our Privacy Statement to comply with any relevant changes in Japanese laws and regulations for reasons such as ensuring the protection of customer information. Therefore, we ask that you regularly check our Privacy Statement. In the event of a revision, a notification will be posted on What’s New on the Sites.
9. Customer Information Assistance Service
For inquiries regarding our Privacy Statement and customer information (including, but not limited to requests of changes or deletion), please contact the following person:
Name of contact: The personal information protection manager
2‐2‐1 Kanda Square Building, Kanda-Nishikicho Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo
Reception hours: 9:00~17:00 (Monday through Friday except for national holidays and company holidays)
10. Disclosure, Amendment, Suspension of Use, or Deletion of Personal Information
If you wish for us to disclose the purpose of use or contents of your personal information, please refer to the above section “9. Customer Information Assistance Service” for contact details. After we confirm your identity, we shall promptly provide the requested information to a reasonable extent.
Once we confirm your or an authorized agent’s identity (a copy of an official document such as a driver’s license may be required), we shall provide a prompt and reasonable response.
11. Personal Information Retention Period
Personal information collected by us shall be retained for a period necessary to achieve the purposes described in section “3. Purposes for the Acquisition of Customer Information”. After this period has passed, the information shall be disposed of in an appropriate manner.
The above policy shall be considered valid from the date on which it is posted on the Sites. When updating, we will post the update in the “Latest News” section of our website (https://www.epson-exi.com).
13. Revision history
January 1, 2021 First issued
April 1, 2022 Add the contents of safety management measures due to the revision of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information.
Date of enactment: April 1, 2022
Efforts to protect personal information
- When acquiring, using and providing personal information, we will comply with the personal information protection management system and manage personal information under strict control.
We will establish an appropriate and rational management system for the protection of personal information, taking into consideration the nature and scale of our business. When acquiring, using, sharing, providing, or consigning personal information, we will clarify the purpose. As a general rule, we will not acquire personal information without obtaining the consent of the person and will use and handle personal information appropriately within the scope of consent.
In addition, we will respond appropriately to disclosure, correction, update, deletion, etc. of personal information based on the request from the person.
- Furthermore, we will comply with laws and other norms regarding personal information protection.
We will comply with laws and regulations regarding the protection of personal information, and norms, guidelines, ethical standards, etc. especially decided by administrative agencies and other entities.
- We will strive to prevent and correct unauthorized access to the acquired personal information, loss, destruction, falsification and leakage of personal information.
In order to ensure the accuracy and safety of personal information, we will keep personal information accurate and latest, and take reasonable safety measures from both information security technology and organizational management systems to prevent unauthorized access to personal information. we will strive to prevent and correct the loss, destruction, falsification and leakage of personal information.
- We will set up a point of contact for complaints and consultations and respond promptly and appropriately.
We will establish a system (such as setting up a contact point) to respond to inquiries (complaints and consultations) from individuals regarding personal information and will respond promptly and appropriately.
- We will continuously improve the management system for personal information protection.
In order to make all executives and employees aware of the importance of personal information protection and to continue to maintain a corporate culture that can fulfill social responsibilities, we have established a personal information protection management system (including this policy, personal information protection regulations and other regulations, standards, business processing standards) and implement continuous improvement by turning the PDCA (Plan-Do-Check-Act) cycle.
EPSON X Investment Corporation
CEO Yasunori Ogawa
Personal information consultation desk
Reception hours: 9:00~17:00 (Monday through Friday except for national holidays and company holidays)